Do you have a classroom assignment to observe a music therapist and/or adapted dance instructor? We offer observations at our North Royalton studio for upper class high school students, college students, or new professionals that is wondering if this is a field for you.
To qualify for this program, you must...
1. Be comfortable around individuals with specialized needs.
2. Be organized, punctual, and answer emails in a timely manner.
3. Be willing and able to commit to the observation time
4. Be willing to meet prior to the observation with a music therapist or adapted dance instructor to review the session and information pertinent to Beyond Words.
4. Be willing to sign a confidentiality agreement, non-compete, non-solicitation agreement, and a hold harmless agreement. Any students under the age of 18 are required to have a parent/ guardian sign consent as well.
Ready to schedule an observation?
Please send the following information to Erin Jester, MT-BC, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions regarding the program can be directed to the same email.
- Due dates of your observational/school requirements, as well as any required information needing to gather through observation (if applicable).
- Why you would like this experience?
- What type of observations have you completed? Populations? Settings?
- What is your involvement in music and/or dance?
- What experience/ exposure have you had with people with special needs?
- Availability for observation and pre-observation meeting.
- Contact information, including full name, email and phone number.
Students will be contacted within 48-hours for observations scheduled between February 1-May 15 and October 1-December 15. All observations require at least a two week application period/notice to allow our team to schedule the observation, contact clients' parent/caregiver and prepare the client the week prior to the observation.