- Class Time: Monday & Thursday 12:00-12:30
- Available for 3s, 4s and PreK children
- Tuition: $140 per child per semester
- Annual registration Fee: $25 per child, $40 family max.
- Registration fee due the first semester registered for
- 2018-19 Semester Schedule
- Mondays – Fall: September 24 – December 3, 2018
- Makeup class, if needed, is 12/10/18
- Thursday – Fall: September 20, 2018 – January 10, 2019
- No Class Days: 10/11/18, 11/1/18, 11/22/18, 12/20/18, 12/27/18, 1/3/19
- Makeup Class, if needed, is 1/17/19
- Mondays – Winter: January 14 – April 15, 2019
- No Class Days: 1/21/19, 2/18/19, 3/25/19, 4/22/19
- Makeup Class, if needed, is 4/29/19
- REGISTRATION CLOSED – CLASS FULL
- Thursdays – Winter: January 24 – April 18, 2019
- No Class Days: 2/7/19, 3/28/19
- Makeup class, if needed, is 4/25/19
- 6 open spots
- Mondays – Fall: September 24 – December 3, 2018
Special Discount – Register for our fall semester and pay in full before Hobbitt’s Open House (8/16/18) and your annual registration fee of $25 is waived.
Beyond Words is proud to offer The Learning Groove’s music classes for young children at Hobbitt’s Preschool. Our mission is to empower children to reach their full musical, academic and creative potential. The Learning Groove is created by the author (Eric Litwin) and music producer (Michael Levine) of the first four New York Times Bestselling Pete The Cat picture books.
Please complete the following registration form and mail with a check for tuition and registration fee to: Beyond Words, 6058 Royalton Road, North Royalton, OH 44133:
How Do TLG Music Classes at Hobbitts Work?
- The Learning Groove classes are given once a week, for 11 weeks per session.
- Each class is 30-minutes.
- The class is led by a The Learning Groove instructor who has taken TLG’s online teacher training.
- Children participating in the program will be picked up from their classroom and go to the gym for class.
- In every class children will sing, dance, play instruments, laugh, listen, jam along, march, chant, clap, wiggle, make stuff up, pretend, use rich language and explore and expand your child’s amazing potential through the arts.
- There are currently six different semesters, each with its own CD, that are part of TLG’s Music Class Program. Taking all six semesters enables your child’s skills to develop & grow over time.
- Rhythm, Pitch and Melody
- Language Skills
- Motor Coordination
- Interpersonal Skills
- Cultural Awareness
- Creative Expression
- Academic Readiness
Why The Learning Groove Stands Out From Other Programs:
We are teachers and performers and producers. Most other programs are created by teacher and professor types. We love them and appreciate what they do. However, we bring something special to the table because in addition to being experienced teachers in early music education, we are also award winning performers and producers Therefore the music is well written, well produced and presented in an entertaining, fun & hip style. Again, this is completely intentional. The more you and your child love the CDs the more you will listen to them and therefore learn and reinforce the goals and objectives of the program.
The Learning Groove is a holistic music enrichment approach. We are interested in the whole child, and we see music as the instrument (pun intended) to promote development in music aptitude, pitch, melody and rhythm, as well as language, imagination, motor skills, cultural awareness and creative expression. We know you are taking this program so that your child will have more musical choices in their life as well as to stimulate their academic possibilities and overall happiness.
You receive an exciting music CD with every session. These are the songs we use in class. The music is from different genres from classical to rock and roll. We also include interactive poetry, drama and storytelling. Each unique CD contains over 20 styles of music, and each includes a customized selection of instruments, key signatures, tempos, melodic & rhythmic patterns, languages and activities.
In class, you learn the simple music enrichment activities that accompany the songs. Then, you listen to the CD at home to reinforce what you have learned. The songs on these CDs utilized repetitively in class and at home will greatly benefit your child’s musical growth as well as their overall academic potential.
Now, here’s the deal. These CDs are NOT Barney (bad eighties) types of tunes. The music is authentic and fun for the whole family. Parents, we love you too, so the music is written and produced at a quality level not just to delight and educate the kids but also to please the adult listener. You will thank us for this later when your child forces you to play these CDs over and over again in the car and at home.
Free Online Resources:
The Learning Groove offers tons of free resources for you & your children. At www.thelearninggroove.com, visit our Lyrics & Activities pages, and you will find lyrics, videos, coloring pages, educational activities for use in the home, sheet music, guitar chords and more – for every song! We offer a plethora of ideas for how you can use TLG songs & stories to enhance your child’s education as well as to promote family bonding.
What Should I Expect From My Kids?
Learning is supposed to be fun and joyful, right? This is not just us saying it. Scientific research has proven over and over again that learning is best achieved in a loving, stimulating, safe, engaging and fun environment. In fact, Dr. Suzuki, the renowned musicologist (best know for his miraculous accomplishments with violin students) has at the cornerstone of his philosophy that learning music should be approached naturally and lovingly like how a child learns their native language.
When Should We Start The Program?
The earlier you begin your child’s music education the better. Scientific research has proven that music education should begin at birth, and the sooner you begin your child’s music enrichment the greater their music potential. This music enrichment program is designed to help you do this! This is our mission, to empower you to provide a musically rich and nurturing environment at the earliest age possible, and to continue it throughout their childhood.
How Long Should We Stay?
We hope you love the classes and CDs and make The Learning Groove a healthy part of your child’s education. The skills developed in one session facilitate even more learning in future sessions. So we provide you the opportunity to stay with us for two or more years, so your child may enjoy extraordinary growth. The more sessions you take the more your child benefits.
By providing six sessions with six different CDs, this program continues to stimulate your child’s (and your) interest in music, offering new challenges as well as more of their favorite songs and characters. Also, each CD introduces new instruments and new genres of music.